So, learning from the poor execution of the Haiku in the previous post, I had another go. This time, I didn’t try to do any special lettering. I think that was my error the last time. Instead, I just used my own handwriting, but a bit more carefully than usual. The sea one took a few goes but the others worked well on the first attempt.The background effect is achieved by scraping pastels with a knife onto Khadi handmade cotton rag (150gsm). Then I used my fingers to blend the colours and finally used a paper towel to make the effect smoother. I scanned the results at a high resolution in order to preserve the colours.  I’m pleased enough with the results.

 

 

Haiku